Shorts are a guy’s best friend especially in the sweltering heat of summer season. Moreover, some people feel more comfortable when they wear shorts on a day to day basis. Among casual wears shorts usually hold the greatest significance for all people.
The correct measurements of all sorts of garments are essential for a perfect fit. Just like that your shorts measurements are essential too, for it to serve the purpose you want e.g. if you want the shorts to rescue you from the scorching heat on a summer day then you may need to get a correct length for a short shorts, similarly if you want it for jogging you would certainly want it to be a little longer in length and so on. So my advice is always pay special attention to the correct measurement of shorts. This is where size.ly comes in to help you in finding out the correct way of measuring it.
1. WAIST: For measuring the waist first button the shorts up. Next spread the shorts flat on the surface, and remove any fullness and wrinkles from it.
2. FRONT RISE: With the shorts buttoned up, spread the shorts on the floor or table; next remove all wrinkles, and measure this region by starting from crotch seam spot to the spot of waist band.
3. HIP: Measure across the hip area, this is in most cases 1 1/2 inches below the zipper.
4. THIGH: Starting at the crotch seam and ending 1-2 inches below the hip area.
5. LENGTH: With the shorts buttoned up, spread the shorts on a table, floor or any other flat surface, with outseams on both corners. After removing all wrinkles and any fullness, measure the length from the top of the waistband.
6. INSEAM: Having the shorts buttoned up, spread the shorts on a surface flat. Next remove any wrinkles and fullness if present. Now measure the inseam gap from the crotch, at the spot where the front and back seams meet, exactly where, depends on the length you desire ultimately.
7. LEG OPENING: Now in the last step follow the same pattern as the previous steps, that is spread the shorts on a flat surface e.g. table or floor. After removing any fullness or wrinkles, start measurement beginning from one side of leg opening to the other side of leg opening.
First Things First
Before we start with the measuring, lay down the garment on a flat hard surface and smooth out any wrinkles.
GET MORE TIPS LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX
Sign up for our newsletter and get monthly seller tips & tricks.
(No spam, we promise)