1. WAIST: For measuring the waist first button the jeans up. Next spread the jeans flat on the surface, and remove any fullness and wrinkles from it.
2. FRONT RISE: With the jeans buttoned up, spread the jeans on the floor or table; next remove all wrinkles, and measure this region by starting from crotch seam spot to the spot of waist band.
3. HIP: Measure across the hip area, this is in most cases 1 1/2 inches below the zipper.
4. THIGH: Starting at the crotch seam and ending 1-2 inches below the hip area.
5. LENGTH: With the jeans buttoned up, spread the jeans on a table, floor or any other flat surface, with outseams on both corners. After removing all wrinkles and any fullness, measure the length from the top of the waistband.
6. KNEE: Next remove any wrinkles and fullness if present. Measure across the knee area.
7. INSEAM: Having the jeans buttoned up, spread the jeans on a surface flat. Now measure the inseam gap from the crotch, at the spot where the front and back seams meet, exactly where, depends on the length you desire ultimately.
8. LEG OPENING: Now in the last step follow the same pattern as the previous steps, that is spread the jeans on a flat surface e.g. table or floor. After removing any fullness or wrinkles, start measurement beginning from one side of leg opening to the other side of leg opening.
Before we start with the measuring, lay down the garment on a flat hard surface and smooth out any wrinkles.
Our friends from Dyer & Jenkins created a great videos on how to measure a pants.
GET MORE TIPS LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX
Sign up for our newsletter and get monthly seller tips & tricks.
(No spam, we promise)